Glynn County Schools continues to monitor data and determine appropriate actions from our Return to School Framework.
In our ongoing response to the unprecedented conditions surrounding COVID-19 in our schools and community, our current positive COVID-19 cases have escalated our operational level from Yellow Level to Red Level.
As a result, the following steps are being taken:
- Attendance is optional for students August 25-27, 2021.
- Absences will be excused from August 25-27, 2021.
- Distance Learning will take place during regular school hours through Google Classroom from August 30-September 10, 2021.
- Middle and High School students will follow their daily school schedule; Elementary Schools will provide families with scheduling information.
- Continue to report positive COVID-19 cases to schools.
- No classes will be held from September 3-6, 2021 for the Labor Day weekend.
- Updates on a return to in-person learning will be based on data collected by schools and provided no later than September 10, 2021.
- Middle School sports will be postponed until in-person classes resume.
- High School sports and bands will continue under modifications and restrictions, including daily COVID-19 screenings.
- All GCSS staff will physically report to their work sites for regular work hours.
If you have any questions, please contact your school.